Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I have not made a post in forever, and I think that's mainly because I lead a boring life full of nothing.

So I've decided to start posting my drawings here.

Now, when I say "drawings", I don't mean really skillful portraits or anything. I mean doodlings. Cartoons. I doodle a whole lot in my free time. I do it to entertain mostly myself, but lately I've been drawing things and leaving them around the school campus for some random person to find. (Most likely the janitor, who sweeps it up in the garbage.)

This week we have statewide standardized testing at my school. I have to sit in one room, without talking, for three hours. Naturally my mind is going to go to some weird places and some strange things will find their way onto the test booklet.

My method of drawing is stick figures, but a little different. I'll show you:


This is a standard drawing of myself. I either have the ponytail going on, or the bird's nest hair. Usually the only difference between my male and female characters is their hair, and sometimes the girls with have high heels or lipstick on.

My newest drawings:


(Mrs. Purvis is my English teacher. She is, in fact, the devil.)

Meet my newest dude, Blender:



Blender is a result of the three-hour testing session. I get particularly proud of a cartoon I've made if it makes me laugh out loud. Why does Blender make me giggle so much? I have no idea. I think part of it may be his little tagline: "Gimme some fruit! Imma make a smoofie!" (You have to be enthusiastic and imagine these things in your head.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sheeesh, about time!

heh, it's shelby. I'm too lazy to remember the password for this thing...

Mary said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah... :P