Wednesday, November 14, 2007

When I was in seventh grade, I had to have my tonsils removed. It sucked. I couldn't eat any crunchy or rough-textured foods, my throat hurt constantly, my ears were in pain, I developed a disturbing addiction to a liquid painkiller called Lortab- let's just say I wouldn't ever want to go through it again.

So for two weeks, I ate Jell-O, pudding, bananas, and macaroni and cheese. A lot of macaroni and cheese.

After a while, my mom got tired of making a whole pot of mac-and-cheese, so she bought microwavable Easy-Mac. I ate Easy-Mac for the majority of the two weeks. Even after my throat was fully healed, I still ate Easy-Mac, because I was just so used to eating it. So my dad started buying it every time he went to the grocery store.

This was cool. For a while.

After about 6 months of Easy-Mac, I told him, "You don't have to buy me it anymore." But I guess he had grown used to buying it, and he didn't really remember me ever telling him not to buy it anymore.

3 years after the tonsillectomy, my father still purchases Easy-Mac from the store.


No comments: