Thursday, August 30, 2007

You guys, I found me some kick-ass Return of the King screencaps.



Ever since TNT had a Lord of the Rings weekend last week, I've been LOTR Crazy. Those movies pretty much rock the house. And to all the Tolkien freaks out there, quit bitching at me. I've read the books before, but watching the movies is easier and takes way less time.

Actually, let me just take some time out right now to say this- I don't like reading. I use to be pretty embarrassed about this, but not anymore. Why should I be ashamed of this? Just because I'd rather watch a story unfold on a screen does not make me any lower than a person who likes to read about it. Besides, with the Lord of the Rings movies, 99% of the characters are hot. Even the chicks. It's nice to actually see them on screen.

Anyways.

So, I'm all LOTR Crazy. I watched Return of the King a few days ago (a two-day process) and cried like a baby. Let me elaborate- it wasn't just movie-crying. It was bawling, like, someone-just-cut-off-my-foot-with-a-chainsaw type crying. I don't know, maybe it was just an emotional night. But I cried a lot. Even at the end credits. (ACROSS THE SEEEEAAAA.... A PALE MOON RIIIIIISESSSS....)

I was telling a kid I know, but don't really like, in my Humanities class about my crying-fest. (He's a pretentious prick. What can I say? But nobody else was there to talk to and and I was bored.) The conversation went about like this.

Me: So, I watched Return of the King a few nights ago. Man, those movies rock.

Him: Have you read the books?

Me: Yes. So, I was watching them and-

Him: Have you read all of them?

Me: YES. Anyways, in the movie, when-

Him: Have you read The Silmarillion?

Me: YESSSS***. Aragorn is so hot in the mov-

Him: Unfinished Tales?

Me: FOR PETE'S SAKE, NO.

Him: Ha ha, see?

Really, who does that? Rain on my parade a little more, please.

Yippee for me finding screencaps. I don't really know what I'll do with them, but Yippee all the same.


***I lied. I haven't actually read that one. But he was really pissing me off, so there.


No comments: