Friday, July 13, 2007

Whoa, end-of-the-world type weather here in Florida. You know what I mean- sunny and hot one minute, then God-is-pissed type rain and lightning.

I'm safe inside with a computer with DSL interwebz. I'm happy. (That is, until lightning strikes the computer or something.)

After the 28th, I don't work anymore. Then, the first weekend in August is the best day of my life (John Mayer fifth row sexiness), the 10th of August I have a Link Crew meeting for school, and the 20th school starts back up.

Time is going by way too fast.

I need to write or draw something. What happened to me? In fourth/fifth grade, I was such a good writer. I could think up weird-ass narrative topics, but make such a kick-ass story. I hate our school system. After fifth grade, they totally quit all the Writing Education.

(WHOA, MAJOR LIGHTNING + THUNDER BOOM. OK, seriously getting freaked out now. I hope I don't get electrocuted and die before my John Mayer concert. Everytime lightning strikes or thunder booms I pull my hands away from the keyboard like it's a dead cat. Whoa, did the lights just flicker? Usually weather like this just blows over. This has been here for a while now. Holy shit! The delivery truck parked across the street's door just flew open! If I was a nice person, I'd go try to close it. But am I going to go get soaked? Hell no.)

Anyways, back to writing- it doesn't come as easy now. I used to write funny stuff in grade school, (or, what I remember being funny. I was in fourth grade.) but after they quit stressing the importance of writing in junior high school, I had to rely on my mouth to say funny stuff. Which is why I've become such a smart ass with a big mouth- WOW! I just made an important self-discovery! I am the way I am because of the educational system. It's not my fault.

I did get a 6 on the Florida Writes in eighth grade, which is the highest you can get. It was such a stupid topic. Should students be allowed to work in groups? I said no, even though I don't care.

As for drawing, well, that's a whole different cup of tea. I don't even consider it drawing. It's doodling with style. With a lot of song lyrics thrown in there. Thank God for music.

(OK, weather is getting too creepy. Good-bye.)

1 comment:

JP said...

Just to let you know there is a meeting for Link Crew on July 31.