Friday, May 11, 2007

The Persistence of Memory, by Salvador Dali

Actual conversations from school

Lilly: What's the date?

Me: The eleventh.

Lilly: *long pause* What month?

Me: ...May.

Lilly: *sigh*

Me: It's that time of the year, isn't it, Lilly?

Lilly: ...Yes.

Indeed, it is that time of year. Summer vacation starts in a week and a half, and we're at the point where nobody cares about anything. We fail projects and get detention and do things we normally do, except without a care in the world. And I'm just a freshman- seniors have got it even worse:

Trevor: Can I draw on the board?

Ms. Breen: No.

Trevor: Jake gets to!

Ms. Breen: He's a senior, you're a sophomore.

Trevor: *sigh* Jack, you're a senior. Go draw on the board.

Jack: Are you kidding me? I can't draw; I can barely even read!

It sucks, because finals are coming up, and for the past 3 weeks, nobody's been paying attention to hardly anything:

Mr. Reed: Here's a review packet for your final.

Me: We've got a final in here?!

Mr. Reed: Uh, yeah.

Me: Since when?

Mr. Reed: It's been on the board the whole week!

Me: Oh, Mr. Reed, I stopped reading stuff, like, the beginning of April.

We're all a bit more easily provoked:

Brandon: What are you listening to on your iPod? I can hear it.

Me: JET.

Brandon: Who listens to JET anymore?

Me: Obviously me, jackass!

And we've all got to find some way to relieve boredom:

-in the lobby, at the gym-

Becca: *throws Fireball candy at brick wall, Fireball bounces back*

Me: Oh, you almost got it!

Dalton: *walks in* What are you guys doing?

Me: Who-can-break-the-Fireball-first.

(I ended up winning, by the way. I aimed for the wall, and hit the glass door. It shattered loudly, and we all thought I broke the glass door.)

And screw going to college and becoming a doctor, we've all got different career plans in mind:

Billy: Being a hitman would be so awesome.

Me: Oh, I've thought about it.

Billy: Yeah, except now the government says you have to be 18 or older!

Me: *shakes head*

Billy: Damn government.

Me: The root of all problems.

Summer vacation starts May 22nd at 12:31 pm. You can bet I'll be running, listening to No Such Thing by John Mayer as loudly as possible, singing along at the top of my lungs- "I wanna run through the halls of my high school, I wanna scream at the top of my lungs!"...


No comments: