Monday, May 14, 2007

I was walking to my locker with my friend this morning before the first period bell rang, and noticed a ratty old green sofa on the grass next to a no-longer-used portable classroom building.

That's strange, I thought as I continued walking into the building.

The bell rang. I starting going towards my first period class, Art History. I was about to enter the building when I noticed a bunch of fishing wire piled on the sidewalk. I narrowed my brow once again in curiosity, but quickly forgot about it.

It wasn't until second period, English, that we were informed that the sofa + fishing wire was leftover from the senior prank. Apparently they put the sofa on the roof. And tied fishing wire around the sidewalk poles. Ha ha?

One year, they placed sod along all the sidewalks and put lawn chairs on the side. Another time they hung bras all over the class, as in "Class of '03 is bustin' out". Another senior class strategically covered the band seats of the bleachers with garbage bags to spell out "'98".

My favorite cousin is a senior. (Don't act like you don't have a favorite.) I feel very bad for him. Now, he's a member of the class that put a sofa on the roof. And tied up some wires.

...ha ha?

No comments: