Saturday, January 20, 2007

I like to draw. Actually, I like to doodle. I'm bad at drawing. Doodling is great because it's not meant to be life-changing art of any kind, and when people see your doodles they know that. If you draw a bad picture, some critical people *ahem* might say it's not good. But if someone sees your doodle, you don't get bad criticism.

I waste a lot of my notebook paper by doodling cartoons too much. I've got papers spilling out of my locker, full of pointless crap that is the result of sheer boredom. Sometimes they'll fall out of my binder and people will pick them up, view them, and say they're funny.

Natalie Dee is an influence on my art. Check out her cartoons are NatalieDee.com. Bill Watterson is also. He used to draw the Calvin and Hobbes comic strip.

Anyway, I make some of my cartoons on the computer. Here is my latest one.



I don't know where the idea of a girl talking to Jesus via telephone came from. But I like to jot down these ideas before they disappear forever.

No comments: